Investing a lump sum can be a daunting proposition. Realising that you need to invest your money to have any chance of combating inflation is the easy bit. Writing out a large cheque without first thinking carefully about it, is a very different matter.
At Lawrence Miller, we guarantee that we will think about that decision just as hard as you.
Our guiding principles are:
- You only take as much risk as you need. For example, you may only require your Cash ISA portfolio to combat inflation.
- You aren’t influenced by what some investors made in the past – everyone is different.
- Even if you don’t need to save, consider putting money into an investment fund on a monthly basis as a means of greatly reducing your risk and increasing control.
- Reduce your exposure to risk if you need immediate income from your money.
- Divide your money, either notionally or actually, into what you need now, in five years’ time and the long term.
- Review your planning as often as you feel appropriate.
- If, after you have taken advice, you don’t have that all-important peace of mind, you look again at your financial planning.
- The first review is perhaps the most important meeting. Only then will you know if your head and your heart are aligned. However, the proof of the pudding is always in the eating!
Why not contact us today to find out what we can do for you – or for a fresh approach to your existing investment planning.